Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Intro to my blog

First thing come up in my mind when I hear "Pop culture"is some type of art that in mainstream in this moment. Music, film, TV Shows, fashion, we can list up everything composing our life as a pop culture. Using a term "pop culture" was easy in first look because it felt like I could put everything exciting and hot right now as "pop culture". But once stop thinking as a consumer of "pop culture" and start thinking the meaning behind, I started seeing more complex and interesting side of "pop culture." We watched film clip from "American Psycho" in the first class. The story takes place in different time from now and also exaggerated however I can imagine myself living in same situation with the main character in the film.  Pressure to fit into the society, try to go front of the what is popular now, even though he looses his identities. I'm from Japan and Japan is a great country. The information, technology, so called "pop culture" travel so fast in all over the country. However someone like me who don't have strong mind, easily to lose self identities and riding the wave of mainstream without notice. I want to learn different side of "pop culture" and look over how much "pop culture" influencing society and my life .  Excited to see how much my thinking or lifestyle changed after this semester. Like what I mentioned, the pop culture is not a easy term or concept to understand immediately but a social and cultural tide in our daily life. I think this class could help me to have a deeper understanding and cognition about pop culture's history, background, developmental trend and future influence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment