Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Facebook Presentation and Working with My Group

     Our group presentation topic is about Facebook.
     First, I was happy to be part of this group because all the member of this group were engaged and tried to push forward out presentation idea. As what people know about the “Facebook” this social networking actually cover a lot parts to influence and change people's life and the world. In this group, my part of the whole presentation is about globalization of Facebook. This is important part to know because in 2011, 70% of the Facebook users were from outside of US. Facebook had been already successfully cross the line of cultures, traditions, languages in this world to help people to communicate. Because of my background and personal experiences, I think I am really good to help audiences to understand how the Facebook globalization influences and works in our daily life. I am an international student grew up in Japan. However, since I was young, we have many foreign students lived in our house in Japan. I actually grew up with these different cultures and learned a lot from these foreign students. After they leave, we become Facebook friends and continue keeping contact. Through the Facebook, I am not only keep my friends on abroad but also knows how are they doing and what happen on them daily life. Because of Facebook globalization, I keep and make more friends from many countries and regions. Facebook helps people from all over the world to be friend, share information and ideas. I believe this is the great way to know real world without too much stereotyped image because normal people like us can share the informations. That is how the Facebook influenced and changed my world. It made it so much easier for us to feel closer to each other in distance, too. I researched about globalization of Facebook and also used my personal experience to see what Facebook's globalization bring to us. From my experiences, there are so many good things like easy to keep in touch with people from all over the world or getting new knowledge how people live in other nations. However after researching little deeper, there are some people worry that Facebook reads cultural homogenization and global capitalism. I understand how it will be. People share so much on Facebook that people start consuming same product all over the world. Not only because of Facebook but Facebook is heavily controlled by advertisement company, too. It already common that transnational corporations are taking over the market in the world. In our text also argue that it can reads loss of cultural diversity and it originality. I thought this idea is interesting, I never think this way about Facebook before.
      That is the research I did to contribute our “Facebook Presentation” and I think everyone in our group did well to contribute this group work. Again, it was great experience working with the motivated group members and thankful for each of them to give me a hand to complete my part of the presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment